We Give Back
We’re passionate about sharing our success with our fellow Australians, we are committed to supporting local Australian charities focused on human welfare, through the Lyone Foundation.
With our customers support, COS® has pledged over $6million to the Lyone Foundation so far. And with your ongoing support, we pledge a further $1m minimum per year, to support local Australian charities.
The Lyone Foundation was created in 2013 as the legacy of the Lyone family after their journey from Egypt to Australia. The Foundation allows the family to repay the kindness and support they received on their arrival in Australia, providing them with a platform to thrive in their new country.
By choosing COS® you can make a difference in the lives of others.
Find the latest news on the Foundation and donations here.
We are excited to be part of a positive movement creating opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, their communities, businesses and suppliers. Our Indigenous brands are hand-picked for their strong commitment to giving back within local communities and our range has grown to include office stationery, copy paper and kitchen supplies.
Muru Group is the only Indigenous owned and operated office products company in Australia. Muru is exclusive to COS®, and committed to creating a pathway for future generations.
Yaru Water is a social enterprise that tells an important cultural story, whilst creating better health outcomes for Indigenous communities through the Yaru Foundation.
Featuring the stunning artwork of Aboriginal artist Keith Brown, all purchases from this collection goes towards the Indigenous community, to enhance social and economic conditions.
Reducing our Operation & Network Footprint
Together with our large customer and supplier network, we’re developing smarter, more sustainable solutions to reduce our carbon footprint and other environmental impacts. Our goal is zero emissions, and we’ve already made significant progress towards this goal by installing hundreds of solar panels across our warehouses giving us the industry’s largest solar farm.
We offer an expansive range of eco-conscious products designed to make sustainable choices easy and part of your every day life. All it takes is just a few small changes to create real, positive change, and reduce the harmful effects businesses can have on the environment.
We scrutinise every element of our supply chain and only work with socially responsible suppliers committed to meeting our sustainability criteria. Working with our suppliers to reduce plastic has helped us to remove over 27,000 pieces of plastic across the COS private label range in the last year.
With a vision of sustainable logistics, we are tackling these issues across our operations:
- Our fleet upgrade now produces 70% less carbon
- Our solar farm has saved an equivalent of 5000 trees
- Paperless picking has saved 130 trees
- We have increased our waste to recycling ration by 4%
At COS, we place a high level of importance on the behaviour of our total supply chain, as we believe this is where we can make the most significant impact. A core focus of managing our relationships with suppliers is ensuring they share our commitment to social and environmental responsibilities.
COS places preference with suppliers practicing ethically responsible methods of sourcing and manufacturing whilst maintaining world best practice labour standards.
- Turn off air conditioning electronic equipment when not in use.
- Use fluorescent or LED lightbulbs for less energy consumption.
- Use refillable pens to save money and reduce waste.
- Order recycled and eco-friendly products.
- Organise recycling for ink & toner cartridges.
- Use remanufactured toner cartridges printing.
- Set your printer to doublesided to reduce paper.
- Save up your orders for one large order to reduce transport.
- Provide filtered water to prevent the overuse of plastic bottles.
- Keep a cupboard of old folders, binders and accessories for staff to reuse
- Provide recycling bins and signage for a range of products, paper, cardboard, plastics, & batteries.
- Consider smaller pack sizes to reduce waste, reuse packaging and recycle where possible.
- Get rid of disposable containers and cutlery and replace with reusable and recyclable options.
- Use environmentally friendly cleaning products and reusable cleaning cloths.
- Introduce some greenery into your indoor spaces to improve the air quality and staff productivity.